Reconnecting With Origin

www.jadore-fashion.com

I did not even know it was October, let alone that it was October 1st, which is Nigerian Independence's day. Happy Belated 51st birthday to my lovely country, Nigerian! On that note, today’s outfit is made with an African fabric called Ankara.

www.jadore-fashion.com

Normally for weddings, the couples pick a fabric that they love and they have close friends wearing the fabric in different style for the wedding known as “Asoebi”. There were more than 20 bride's friends in this same fabric, but in different styles. During the reception, everyone wearing the above fabric accompanied the couple as they danced into the reception. 

www.jadore-fashion.com

For me, I decided that I wanted to have a 70's appeal wearing bell bottoms. I sketched the style and had my tailor sew the outfit. Again, I wanted something to contrast the busy fabric, but still keeping the 70's style in mind, so I came up with the idea of making a bustier with a metallic fabric.  I paired the whole outfit with my Zara metallic pumps. This fall, I am all about metallic!

www.jadore-fashion.com

On another note, my exam went well. Thank you all for the wishes. Now, I have to pack for my mini trip to Atlanta for a conference. I will love to meet some readers and bloggers in ATL. Send me an email, maybe we can grab dinner and drinks on Friday after my conference.

www.jadore-fashion.com

www.jadore-fashion.com

www.jadore-fashion.com
Wearing: Zara shoes, Limited clutch, Michael Kors watch, Forever21 rings
Photographed by Paosin

PS: I am still working on the beauty post and a giveaway once I get back from my trip
Have a fabulous week!
xoxo
Stella
Follow me:  Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube/Lookbook/Tumblr